WeedMD To Trade On The TSX Venture Exchange
Toronto, Canada, April 27, 2017 – WeedMD Inc. (TSX-V:WMD) (“WeedMD” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce the Company will begin trading on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol WMD when the market opens today.
“Listing on the TSX Venture Exchange represents another important milestone for WeedMD and our corporate growth plan, providing liquidity for our existing shareholders, providing access to a budding investor base that is interested in the cannabis sector, and positioning WeedMD to raise capital to fund future growth opportunities,”
– said Bruce Dawson-Scully, CEO of WeedMD.
WeedMD is a licensed producer of medical cannabis under the ACMPR and plans to be Canada’s first producer focused on the long-term and retirement sector by leveraging the Company’s deep industry relationships and expertise. Management believes senior patients represent a significantly higher value market segment than typical ACMPR patients. This is due in large part to consistent treatment schedules and the cost-effective nature of patient acquisition and servicing associated with long-term care facilities.
“Based on our decades of experience in senior care, WeedMD management’s goal is to provide safe and effective alternatives to symptom management for seniors,” said CEO Bruce Scully.
WeedMD operates in a fully retrofitted 26,000 sq. ft. indoor facility in Aylmer, Ontario, on four (4) acres of land and has an option to acquire four (4) acres of neighboring land, which combined could support the construction of more than 220,000 sq. ft. of new production space. With $6.0 million in working capital and building permits approved, WeedMD is strategically positioned to deliver on its next phase of growth.
In addition to listing on the TSX Venture Exchange, WeedMD is executing on several value-generating licensing and business milestones in the near future, including:
- Sales License: WeedMD has completed the review and inspection process with Health Canada and is currently awaiting results that, if approved, would allow it to sell dried flower product to patients. The Company expects to receive its sales license in the second quarter of 2017.
- Commercial Extraction Laboratory: WeedMD will commence building out a commercial extraction laboratory and expects construction to be completed in the second quarter of 2017.
- Extracts Production License: WeedMD will apply for an amendment to its ACMPR license to allow the Company to begin medical cannabis oil production upon the successful completion and buildout of its extracts lab. Assuming buildout of the lab in Q2/17, WeedMD expects to receive an amendment allowing for extract production in the summer of 2017.
- Expansion Plan: With building permits approved and in place, WeedMD’s next phase of growth – expanding from 26,000 sq. ft. to over 220,000 sq. ft. The Company has an additional 100 acres of nearby land for potential future expansion, and is actively looking at alternatives to accelerate go-to-market as Canada’s recreational market is expected to launch on or before July 1, 2018.
“I would like to thank our management and the entire WeedMD team for their tremendous commitment and efforts over the past years. We’re very excited to introduce WeedMD to the public markets and to expand our shareholder base, especially now ahead of a number of exciting milestones and catalysts that will advance the growth of our company as we execute on our corporate strategy,”
– said Chairman Michael Kraft.
In connection with the Company’s Qualifying Transaction (as defined by the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange), the Company issued 116,667 shares to Eight Capital as consideration for its sponsorship report prepared with respect to the transaction.
For more information, access our investor presentation on our website here. Also, please see the filing statement as posted on SEDAR on March 31, 2017 here with respect to our qualifying transaction with Aumento Capital V Corp. (TSXV:AMN.P).
About WeedMD Inc.
WeedMD Inc. is a licensed producer of medical cannabis pursuant to the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (ACMPR). WeedMD operates a 26,000 square foot, scalable production facility in Aylmer, Ontario with four acres of property for future expansion. WeedMD is focused on providing consistent, quality medicine to the long-term care and assisted living markets in Canada through its comprehensive platform developed exclusively for that industry. WeedMD is dedicated to educating healthcare practitioners and furthering public understanding of the role medical cannabis can play as a viable alternative to prescription medication in relieving a variety of chronic medical conditions and illnesses.
Follow WeedMD On:
For further information, please contact:
Keith Merker, Chief Financial Officer
Tel: 519-765-2440 Ext. 222
To learn more, visit us at www.weedmd.com
This press release contains forward-looking information based on current expectations. Statements about the date of trading of the Company’s common shares on the Exchange and final regulatory approvals, among others, are forward-looking information. These statements should not be read as guarantees of future performance or results. Such statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual results, performance or achievements to be materially different from those implied by such statements. The Company assumes no responsibility to update or revise forward-looking information to reflect new events or circumstances unless required by law.
NEITHER THE TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE NOR ITS REGULATION SERVICES PROVIDER (AS THAT TERM IS DEFINED IN THE POLICIES OF THE TSX VENTURE EXCHANGE) ACCEPTS RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ADEQUACY OR ACCURACY OF THIS RELEASE