Cannabis Recipes to Help Ring in the New Year
If you’re looking for some creative cocktails and snacks to help ring in the new year, we’ve got you covered!
Raise a glass with this Pomegranate Cannabis Mocktail. Because of the way the drink is concocted, the sweetness of the syrup can be offset by the amount of sparkling water added to suit taste preference/dosage strength per mocktail.
Strawberries dipped in cannabis-infused chocolate feature a glaze made with canna-coconut oil and melted chocolate. They take very little time to prepare, and will keep in the fridge overnight.
Take it slow, and pay attention to other variables such as what and how much you’ve eaten that day.
Enjoy, and cheers to a healthy 2019!
Pomegranate Cannabis Mocktail
3 oz cannabis simple syrup
Pomegranate sparkling water (can be substituted with regular sparkling water or club soda)
Cannabis leaf for garnish
(Tip: leave the fresh leaf in the drink, so the cannabis drinks will be easily identifiable)
1. Pour the sparkling water into a glass.
2. Add the cannabis simple syrup and stir thoroughly.
3. Top with more sparkling water, then garnish with fresh pomegranate seeds and a leaf.
Note: If the starting cannabis flower is about 10 percent THC, then 4 grams equal 400 mg THC total. As the recipe makes 3 cups of liquid/24 oz , each oz would contain about 16-17 percent THC. Since the mocktail calls for 3 oz of simple syrup, each drink would have 50mg of THC per serving — which is intended for a heavy user with no major plans for the evening. You can alter the recipe to 1 oz infused simple syrup for a light cannabis consumer, for a drink with 16-17 percent THC, and 2 oz infused syrup for a medium tolerance, for a drink with about 33 per activated THC per serving.
Canna-chocolate dipped strawberries
2 tablespoons canna-coconut oil
1½ cups chocolate chips
12 strawberries with stems
1. In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, stir together chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove and stir. Continue microwaving and stirring in 15-second intervals until melted and smooth. Let sit until chocolate reaches room temperature.
2. Dip the berries into the melted chocolate. Set on parchment paper and leave alone for at least 30 minutes.
** Please keep track of how much dry cannabis is equivalent to the cannabutter to ensure you are following the daily limits imposed by your physician’s prescription.